These are the requirements for obtaining a marriage license in Tuscaloosa County.
Tuscaloosa County Marriage License Requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are under the age of 18, both parents must come in and sign the application, as well as a Marriage Bond. They MUST see your parent’s driver’s’ license and the minor’s certified birth certificate issued from the Health Department in the last 30 days.
- YOU MUST HAVE:
- Driver’s License; State issued non-driver’s license or a passport for identification
- Social Security cards are required if you have a social security number
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, A NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT ATTESTING TO THE FACT THAT YOU WERE NEVER ISSUED AND/OR HAVE NEVER HAD A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME YOU PURCHASED YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE.
- Divorce decrees if either party has been divorced or death certificate if spouse is deceased.
- $74.00 CASH for the license
- Blood tests are NOT required
- Marriage license are valid for 30 days in the State of Alabama. That means once the license is issued to you, you must get married within 30 days. The license is void after 30 days and valid ONLY in Alabama. You may purchase your license in any county in Alabama. It is not required that you buy it in the county where you are to be married.
Tuscaloosa County Courthouse
Monday- Friday 8:30-5:00 p.m.
(4:15 if applying for license)
Marriage Clerk: 349-3870, Extension #315
-Information from Tuscaloosa Bridal Directory